LOOK YOUR BEST ON STAGE
For Competition Spray Tans we use our darkest Spray Tan which is applied in two visits -- The day before and on the day of show.
We also provide a pre show tan for those who are having the tan applied at the show.
Show Tan & Pre-show Tan
Competition PREPARATION & AFTERCARE
Looking after your skin is important. As athletes you take such great care of your body, don’t forget to look after the outside too. When preparing for your competition, try to give your skin some TLC.
Exfoliation is key to having the perfect tan, it removes the loose, dead skin cells so that you have a fresh base ready to be tanned.
You need to be preparing your skin for at least a couple of weeks before the competition, and it’s as simple as buying yourself some exfoliating gloves from the supermarket and some simple shower gel, gently exfoliate your body 3 times a week, this will leave your skin looking healthy and glowing.
If you exfoliate too much or too harshly it can cause your skin to become dryer or alternatively can also make it become oily due to the dryness, which can then lead to spots.
We recommend an exfolating mitts, again you should not be doing this more than 2/3 times a week, and be sure to moisturise with a hydrating moisturiser.
If you need any help with skin care please don't hesitate to ask me.
Moisturising daily will also help to make your skin smooth and perfectly prepped for your tan, but don’t apply any moisturiser before your tan.
Hints and Tips
- Exfoliate 3 times a week gently with exfoliating mitts and simple shower gel
- Shave at least 12 hours before your tan, if you have never shaved before then try to do it a couple of times in the weeks prior to your tan so that your skin can get used to it. If you are choosing to use Veet, then again make sure you do a patch test and so it at least 48 hours before your tan. Waxing should be done the week before and preferably have had it done before as the first time can sometimes cause spots.
- Make sure that you have no perfume/oils/makeup/deodorant on as these can make the tan go green or patch
- Bring extra loose clothing to apply the bigger the better, do not wear red as this can make your tan go green
- Moisturise daily in the lead up to your tan, when you have your final shower where you will exfoliate, then do not apply it again until after your comp and you have washed the tan off.
- Do not apply perfume to your neck or skin, the alcohol breaks down the tan and will make it go patchy, apply to hair instead
- Do not use sunbeds apart from the obvious damage to your skin, it will dry your skin out and not in a good way, and will also cause you to hold water – meaning that your tan and body won’t look like it should do.